Monday, December 10, 2007

Shawl Ministry

OK. I should be writing my book but when I am sitting having an infusion or bored in a hospital room knitting is fun. So I finished one shawl that I had started. When I took a look at it, I had knitted so much it turned into a blanket and not a shawl. So I remembered that a year ago there was a request from Homeside Hospice in Clark for knitters. I have put a notice about that in the Clarion but I will reproduce that here.

Homeside Hospice

67 Walnut Ave., Suite 205,
Clark, NJ 07066
Phone (732) 381 3444
Fax (732) 381 3445
Email
homesidehospice@aol.com

There is a request for volunteer knitters, weavers and sewers to make Lap Blankets, Prayer Shawls and other items. This request came to me a year ago and I finally have something to donate. Please keep this in mind as you are knitting this winter. You can call and contact the volunteer coordinator or just mail the shawls to them. They will give you volunteer hours for your work which might be of interest to teenagers.

I have another shawl to finish and I will start some new ones . I have a lot of yarn left over from other projects.
Anyone is welcome to join the Shawl Ministry. Directions for shawls are on the table in the Atrium or on the web at http://www.shawlministry.com/instructions.html We have virtual meetings although we might meet with the group from Stanely Congregational church in Chatham in the spring. I will try to arrange it.
Jeannette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home