Friday, January 15, 2010

Personal Reflections on the Situation in Haiti


These are my people. We are the same race. They live in the one of the poorest nations in the western hemisphere. I have been there to see the country so I can relate to how bad the situation must be because in normal times it was not great! There is no infrastructure to restore because there was very little to begin with.

I have been watching the TV coverage; one would say I have been obsessing over the photos and stories. The fact that the airport is a disaster area so that the badly needed help cannot get in. One plane circled the airport for five hours and could not land. Planes that did get in do not have enough fuel to take off. When they land, the roads are too bad to get to the capitol city. They are concentrating help on Port Au Prince but there are thousands in the countryside that no one is talking about because help cannot get in.

I am writing this with tears in my eyes because people are dying because we cannot get in to help them.

This situation will last a long time. It will take years to rebuild and get the county back to some semblance of normal. I read the flyer about the Lambi Fund

I will support this fund personally, as I know the Board of World Fellowship has been doing.

Again I pray that help will come that can work on the infrastructure so that the responders can get in. I hear that airport experts from McGuire airport are going to Haiti to help the situation. Thank God.

I woke up this morning with tears in my eyes so I had to write this.

Jeannette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home