Saturday, November 05, 2011

Mission 1 Send a letter to Congress

OK This is day five of Mission 1.  I know we got side tracked because of the October snow storm, but we can play catch up.  Also we are extending the program until November 13 because of the school holiday.  Remember hunger does not take a holiday.  People have to eat every day at least three times a day.

I thought I was going to have to give you the information about your congress people for the letter writing campaign and today I opened the UCC website and voila the letter was written for me.  Not only is the letter written but if you put in your name and address the system knows who your congress people are and then you just click send letter and it is gone!  Yeah! Here is the link to the Mission 1 letter website. Mission 1 - Letters

So everyone should be able to do this either at home or in the computer room of the church.  I will write a draft letter and print it on paper for those of you who prefer not to send by e-mail.  I will have this ready for you next Sunday November 13 when we will be donating food.

I also would like you to submit pledge cards to pledge to either donate food to the food bank all through the year or participate in the Check Out Hunger campaign at your local supermarket.  I posted the ad from the Food Bank next to the Mission 1 poster.  As I said before hunger does not take a holiday.

The pledge cards will be ready next Sunday November 13 as well.  Remember bring food and a friend to church on that Sunday.

Jeannette Brown
UCC Representative.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home