Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Post Sandy Hope all is well with Everyone

We will survive from the worst hurricane that I have experienced in my 78 years of life.  I hope that all of you are warm, safe and well.  Christ Church staff is ready to supply help for those of you who may need it. 
 
Here is the message I received from our senior minister:
 
"I want you to know that we will organize ourselves to be helpful for each other in the advent that we have serious water and tree damage. So, if you need a generator to get a sump pump going, if you need a tree cut that is blocking something, if you need a place to stay, just shoot me a note at ctrush@ccsnj.org
 
Likewise, if you are able to help out or could offer assistance of some kind, describe it for me and we’ll add you to the team. It looks like the worst will hit south of the Raritan river but there is no harm in being prepared.
If you lose power, you can still reach us by finding the “Christ Church” Facebook page with your cell phone and leaving a message there."
 
 This message is not just for Christ Church members but anyone in the community.  If you need help do not hesitate to reach out to our church.  All are Welcome here and in God's sight.
 
Jeannette Brown
Christ Church UCC  Representative
 
My prayer to you.
 
Dear God we have survived the worst disaster in the life of those of us who live in New Jersey please help us to continue to be safe and take care of each other.  By working together with your help we will survive.  Thank you God for your help so far.  Amen
 
Since I love to sing the song that came to mind is We Shall Overcome.
 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home