Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mission 1 Repreive.

You can't get away from hunger.  If you listen to as much TV news as I do it is always there. ( Have the TV on in the background because of tinnitus).  So ABC News has a program in which you can donate help the hungry called Feeding America.  It was the Thanksgiving news.

In our family we only hosted my extended family, my neighbor and three of her six kids.  We had hoped her son with come.  He is 16 and we bought enough food to feed him!  In fact he had planned to eat at my house and his girl friend's house, but he did not make it to my house.  We wanted to invite, and we did invite people who needed a dinner, but they did not come. Some of the leftovers went to my neighbor yesterday.  She is not proud and young enough to be my daughter (46).  So her kids are my honorary grand children!  Yeah!

The reason for this blog today is that the director of Bread for the World was on "Religion and Ethics Newsweekly" today. Combating Hunger. This is a PBS program on Channel 13.  It will be rebroadcast on Sunday afternoon ( November 27.) if you want to see it or else follow the link to see it online.

As I said I will be collecting food monthly.  Next collection date December 13.!  I will take it to the Somerset county food bank on the Monday after that.

Jeannette Brown
UCC Representative

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home