Friday, November 02, 2012

Your Vote

Tuesday you will do the most important thing you do as a citizen of the United States.  You will vote for national offices and local offices.  People have fought and died for the right to vote.  Women walked in picket lines wearing long skirts and carrying posters and signboards to get the right to vote.


http://forthesomedaybook.wordpress.com/2010/08/18/womens-suffrage-at-90/
 
 
 
 
African Americans also fought hard for the right to vote.  Here is an article about that struggle for  the vote.  http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1072053/posts
 
The point of this is that YOU should vote on Tuesday.  I have already voted by absent ballot which I am going to take to my County Clerks office today.  People affected by Sandy in the wiped out areas will be able to vote in US Army truck.  Christie has extended the deadline for receipt of Absentee ballots.  In my county you can pick up an absentee ballot today at the County Clerk's office.  Check with your county clerk.
 
The UCC has a web page with a lot of information about voting.  http://www.ucc.org/ourfaithourvote/
 
I am not allowed to tell you how to vote.  I can only say you should vote.  Also tell your young people to vote.  The voting age is 18.  I remember in my day it was 21 and I was frustrated because having learned a lot about voting and history in high school I could not vote!  I remember debating that in high school.
 
Jeannette Brown
UCC Representative
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home